Pfaltzgraff bakeware dish is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures of up to 500°F. The dinnerware without precious metals can also be used in the oven, but not for baking. So you must always check the maximum temperature your specific Pfaltzgraff product can handle before using it in the oven.
Pfaltzgraff dishes are a staple of American home cooking. The brightly colored ceramic dishes are sturdy, dishwasher-safe, and perfect for everything from appetizers to desserts.
These dish sets are a fun way to add color to your table, making them a valuable addition to your collection of dinnerware. However, a good kitchenware set should not only be beautiful. It should also be durable and versatile.
So, if you’re in the market for a new kitchen set and have been introduced to the Pfaltzgraff dish set, it’s natural to wonder if they can be used in the oven or on other heat sources. The answer is yes! You can use Pfaltzgraff products in the oven, though not all of its kitchenware can withstand the temperatures required to cook in and over.
The guide will help you find all the answers you need to safely use your Pfaltzgraff dishes in the oven.
Should You Buy a Pfaltzgraff Dish For Your Kitchen?
Pfaltzgraff dishes are an original American brand of cookware, but they are now manufactured worldwide, with the majority of them coming from China. But this hasn’t affected their quality in any way.
These Dishes are made with high-quality materials such as porcelain, bone china, stoneware, and earthenware. They are also available in a variety of designs such as plates, cups, bowls, baking pans, and other kitchen utensils
Here are some unique features that set them apart from other kitchenware:
Pfaltzgraff Dishes are durable, versatile, and can be used for cooking, serving, and dining. They are made of high-quality materials and can last decades in your kitchen.
Pfaltzgraff dishes add a touch of class and beauty to any kitchen and are frequently reserved in most homes for entertaining guests. Perhaps a major reason they are so popular among kitchen owners.
Most Pfaltzgraff dishes can be used to store food in the refrigerator because they can withstand freezing temperatures without being damaged. Serving hot, warm food and eating your meal on the same Pfaltzgraff plate makes meal preparation easier.
Pfaltzgraff dishes are perfect for those who hate doing dishes after meals like me. I simply place my plates and pans in the dishwasher, press a few buttons, and after a few minutes, they are clean. Pfaltzgraff dishes are not damaged when washed in the dishwasher.
Are Pfaltzgraff Dishes Oven Safe?
Not all Pfaltzgraff Dishes are the same, so you’ll want to make sure that you know what type of product you have before using it in the oven.
Let’s take a look at the types of Pfaltzgraff dishes and which are safe to go into the oven.
Pfaltzgraff bakeware is generally safe to use in the oven. They are made to handle and retain high heat, making them ideal cookware for cakes and baked goods. However, they cannot withstand temperatures above 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
So, be careful not to choose a recipe that requires a higher temperature. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific product to determine the maximum heat limit.
Pfaltzgraff dinnerware includes plates, cups, bowls, and trays and is typically made of stoneware. They can also go in the oven. However, here are a few things you should take note of before doing that.
- Not all Pfaltzgraff dinnerware is suitable for use in the oven. For example, those with precious metal accents cannot be heated in the oven.
- Pfaltzgraff dinnerware can only be used to warm food in the oven and is not intended for high-temperature baking. So, the maximum heat limit for Pfaltzgraff dinnerware is 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pfaltzgraff dinnerware should never be placed in a preheated oven but in a cold oven that is gradually heated to avoid thermal shock, which may cause the item to crack.
Pfaltzgraff Stoneware Usage Tips In The Oven
Pfaltzgraff stoneware can be used in the microwave, oven, freezer, and dishwasher. However, there are some precautions you should take when using this cookware in the oven.
- Place your stoneware in the oven only when it is cool.
- Set your oven at 225°F for the first 10 minutes when warming a stoneware before increasing it to the desired temperature.
- Do not subject your stone dinnerware to sudden or extreme temperature changes to prevent thermal shock.
- When using stoneware, the oven temperature should not exceed 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never put cold dinnerware in a hot oven or gas or electric stovetop.
Another set of Pfaltzgraff dinnerware is glassware, which includes plates and cups. Even when heated slowly, these items cannot be placed in the oven. They can, however, be used to serve both hot and cold meals without being damaged.
Additional Care Instructions For Pfaltzgraff Dishes
Pfaltzgraff bakeware, stoneware, and glassware are all delicate kitchen utensils that must be handled with care. Knowing how to use and care for them will help preserve their qualities and extend their lifespan.
Most Pfaltzgraff dishes are intended to be used as dinnerware, while a few are ideal for making a variety of baked goods in the oven. If you decide to use your Pfaltzgraff dishes in an oven, you should follow the precautions below.
- Pfaltzgraff bakeware is only oven safe to 500°F; any temperature above this will damage the cookware.
- Pfaltzgraff bakeware is only oven safe for a limited time and should not be left in the oven unattended.
- A Pfaltzgraff dish cannot be used on a burner or under a broiler. This is because a broiler can reach temperatures of up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit, which can damage the Pfaltzgraff dish.
- Pfaltzgraff dishes near the bottom are unglazed and need to be lightly sanded.
- When used in the oven or microwave, Pfaltzgraff dishes can become extremely hot. As a result, use a potholder to take the plate or pan out of the oven.
- Before putting your cookware in the oven, read the manufacturer’s instructions to make sure it’s oven safe.
Pfaltzgraff dishes (bakeware and stoneware) are dishwasher safe and easy to clean and maintain. However, when cleaning it, a few precautions must be taken.
- Use a mild detergent to clean Pfaltzgraff dishes.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners on the glazed surface.
- If a dish needs to be soaked, fill it halfway with warm water and dish soap but do not immerse it. This is because the unglazed floor absorbs water easily, which can cause the item to crack.
- Clean your Pfaltzgraff dishes with baking soda and water to remove stubborn stains.
FAQs On Can Pfaltzgraff Dishes Go In The Oven
How Do I Know If I Have A Vintage Pfaltzgraff Dish?
The vintage Pfaltzgraff dish is an old but trendy piece of kitchenware that many users still highly sought after. Check the bottom of the piece for distinguishing marks, such as an engraving or stamping in the stoneware, to determine if your Pfaltzgraff dish is vintage. Unfortunately, this is unlikely to be found on new models.
Are Pfaltzgraff Dishes Chip Resistant?
Pfaltzgraff dishes are chip resistant. However, the stoneware dishes are higher quality and more chip-resistant than earthenware and glassware Pfaltzgraff products.