Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and warm water with soap in it. Scrub the slides from top to bottom until all the dirt is gone. Wash off any leftover soap using fresh water. Next, dry your sandals with a microfiber cloth and let them sit outside to air dry.
The Yeezy Slides are well known and loved by sneakerheads worldwide. They were first released in 2019 on the week before Christmas day, and they seem timeless because they never go out of fashion like other footwear that only last for a season.
If you bought your own, you likely wear them repeatedly and care about maintaining them since you are reading this guide.
They were first released for soccer athletes to keep their feet safe when walking around the locker room to and from the shower.
Many people wear their slides everywhere they go as long as they are not working and can wear casual clothes. But, of course, going from place to place like this will mean your sandals will accumulate dirt and whatever else you can imagine.
In this article, we will teach you how to clean your Yeezy Slides regularly and keep them in pristine condition. If you do this, you can wear them for years to come without buying a new pair.
What Do You Need to Clean Your Yeezy Slides
It is crucial to get all the materials you need together before you start cleaning your slides. Luckily, this method is easy to follow, and you will not need a lot of materials.
What You’ll Need
- Toothbrush with delicate bristles
- A bowl of warm (but not steaming hot) water
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Microfiber towel
People often wear sandals barefoot and don’t consider it fashionable to wear socks with them. While this feels comfortable on your feet, it also means they are more likely to have an unpleasant smell faster, so scheduled clean-ups are non-negotiable.
Instructions on How To Clean Yeezy Slides
- Combine laundry detergent and warm water in a bowl until you see it becoming foamy.
- Put your Yeezy Slides in your bowl of water for 1 to 2 hours. We would not recommend leaving them inside for longer than this timeframe.
- Take them out of the bowl and dispose of the water in the nearest sink. You can dump it into your bathtub if you don’t have a laundry sink at home. Bring out the toothbrush with soft bristles and scrub every corner and hard-to-reach area of your slides.
There should not be any dirt left at this point.
- Turn the faucet on and wash until you no longer see any soap.
- Use your microfiber towel to dry your sandals and leave them outside to air-dry for a few hours.
How to Clean Yeezy Slides in A Front-Loading Washing Machine
If you don’t have much time, using a washing machine to clean your Yeezy slides makes life easier because it is fast.
But only use this method if you don’t have a choice and are in a hurry. The outcome of washing your slides in a washing machine every time they are dirty is ending up in a shoe repair shop trying to save them.
If you follow the steps below carefully, your sandals will come out clean and in one piece.
What You’ll Need
- Washing Machine
- Microfiber cloth
- Laundry Detergent
- Yeezy Slides
- Garment wash bags (You can also use pillowcases)
- Take a microfiber cloth and clean out as much soil and dirt as possible. Do not forget to clean the sandal’s sole and not only the top area.
- Put both sandals in a garment bag for protection.
- Place them in your washer.
- Pour a healthy supply of detergent into the machine. As a rule of thumb, we would suggest thinking about how much you use to wash clothes and only pour 50% of that amount.
- The laundry machine should be set to a cold setting. Extremely hot water will damage your Yeezy Slides, and there is no way to repair them.
How to Avoid and Get Rid Of Odors from Your Yeezy Slides
The most embarrassing experience is wearing sandals or shoes with an odor and people around you smelling it. This problem occurs when you don’t clean your slides often enough, and the smell keeps accumulating.
Below are some great tips you can follow to ensure your slides stay odor-free.
- Airing them out is the most straightforward strategy to consider, and not much effort is needed. When you get home from a long day, let them sit outside your door under the sun to get some fresh air.
- Apply baking soda all around your footwear every 3 to 4 days if they start to produce a pungent odor, and let the pair spend the night outside.
FAQS on How to Clean Yeezy Slides
Can I put Yeezy slides in a washing machine?
You can do it if you are in a hurry and have no other options, but we would not recommend it for most situations. A washing machine’s cycle can sometimes do more damage than good.
How many times a month should I clean my slides?
We would recommend sticking with cleaning them once a month unless they are filthy and you cannot wait any longer.
How can I tell what my slides are made of?
You can find the list on the footwear box or the second choice is to go on the Adidas official website, and they will show you on the product page.